Saturday, June 11, 2016

How to Deal With the I'm not at WDW Blues...

Hello, I am an addict. If you have been reading this blog for any amount of time you already know that, it is in the title. I have covered a ton of information about my second "home" and now I am going to attempt to bring us down from the ledge because we are not there. I assume you are not there because if you were why would you be reading a stupid blog when you could be heading to rope drop.

This post may continue into a series because I have so many thoughts running through my head that if I wrote them all down in one entry you could become like Dug and yell "squirrell" and miss something.

First of all there are multiple stages of what I am going to call Disney Depression or DD for short. The first is post trip blues, where you go home and wonder why your magic band won't unlock your door and are amazed at how short the que lines at Wal-Mart are. During this time if you are like me you are busy editing photos and penciling in the details of your next trip. After the shock of not being able to get to work on the monorail wears off you begin to come back to reality and are able to function in "normal" society.

The next stage is the jealousy stage. It happens every time one of your Facebook friends posts their countdowns or pics from the airport with their Mickey ears on or pics of them at Cinderella's castle or in front of Spaceship Earth (you get the idea). Before I go much further I apologize to anyone that I have made jealous in the past by the aforementioned actions. This is about the time I TRY to avoid Disney things which lasts about a day or two, except that a good portion of my wardrobe and drinking vessels remind me daily about my second "home." This is when I begin in earnest planning our next trip.

As I am planning I will begin to seek out WDW pacifiers as I like to call them. You Tube is good for this because I can either search videos that are general Disney or specific to where we plan on staying. For instance I searched resorts, individual parks, rides and/or attractions in the past. These not only calm me down they also give me ideas. Other pacifiers are visiting the Disney Store, which is about an hour and a half away from our home so I cannot go everyday which is beneficial to my travel fund.

The final stage I will write about today is the plans are made and all there is to do is wait stage. This one is pretty self explanatory. Waiting for a Disney trip is like waiting for Christmas which is at the time of this post is 197 days away which means my next WDW trip is 147 days away. Have a magical day even if you are not in the most magical place on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment